Sunday, May 15, 2011

So I worked at Old Navy on Monday and on Saturday this last week
anddd
I
LOVE
it.
I think it is the perfect job for me.
I really enjoy the atmosphere and the business of the place!
On Saturday I had the job of explaining to people the mystery bag promotion
we were having where they could
buy a brown bag
of clearance items in a certain size
for only 20 bucks.
It was a major steal!!
I had fun trying to sell people on the idea :)
I also told people about 1 dollar flip flop day for Old Navy
Card holders which resulted in two people
opening up an
Old Navy card
because of me!
It was a great, productive day of work!
Today was ward conference and it was amazing.
Our bishop told us this story about
how him and his wife were going on
a trip and they were at this hotel. Their friends showed them
the room they had and my bishop and his wife
loved the room and the views; they wanted the room for themselves.
They asked the front desk if there was anything they could
do so that they could have that
room and the front desk said no they would just put them in the towers.
Well when my bishop and his wife got to the 11th floor
tower room he was astounded, the views were even better then the room they had
been set on getting.
My bishop related this to life. Often times
we are set on something, we know what we want, we are comfortable with that choice
and we are set on getting it but our Heavenly Father has something even better than
we can even imagine in store for us
if we allow
ourselves to move to higher ground.
I love this so much!!
It is so applicable to me and to everyone really!
Church was just a spiritual feast today.
I loved our Sunday School lesson
about rejoicing when someone comes back to the church after being a prodigal.
We ALL
receive
the SAME
reward in the end; all that the Father hath, so why would
we ever be sad at someone elses
accomplishments?
Well we are humans that is why!
haha
buttt we can
really try and weed that tendency out of us.
I am learning to do this.
It is hard and it takes time but
if we can just remember that our Heavenly Father loves us all and
that he wants to give all of us all of his blessings
then we should all be cheering each other
on to achieve great things.
I love the gospel!
In other news, I signed up to take the GRE!
That is a graduate school admissions exam. I bought a prep book
and I am going to start prepping this week.
I am excited!
It will feel good to be prepared just in case
I feel like grad school
is the way to go next fall.
I scheduled it for July 9th and we head to Hawaii on July 11th so it will
be a perfect reward for a job well done.
Now I just gotta put the time in so it is a job well done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment