Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Today I went to Body Combat and it was AMAZING. Oh hayyy kick boxing, I am glad we have gotten reacquainted. There are many great things about living at home for the summer, one being that your parents reactivate your gym membership AND add GPT (group personal training) to your account. Thank you mom and dad; I consider having health conscious, work out obsessed parents a definite plus. I am taking an online English class this summer and my first assignment is to write an autobiography with lots of voice and stuff. I don't know where to start. I haven't taken a writing class EVER in college so I am trying to tap into my high school writing knowledge haha pathetic right? I made my bed today, did the laundry, put my parents laundry away, did the dishes, took out the trash two times, curled my hair, took Jasey to mutual, picked her up, took her to dance, went to the gym, listened to a fireside, etc. Too much time on my hands? I think yes. I interviewed for a job at Old Navy yesterday and I think it went really well! Even if I don't get the job I am thankful for the chance I had to do the interview. All of my previous jobs I hadn't had to interview for so I am rusty at my interviewing skills so having to go interview for jobs right now has been a blessing in that I am finally getting the hang of the questions they ask in interviews and I am seeing a pattern in the questioning. I really want to do retail this summer since I haven't ever done it and I think it would be a real great change of pace. Also, I could transfer up to Utah once the summer is over! Also, they said I could have Sundays off! Cross your fingers for me because if I don't get this job I think I am going to high tail it out of Arizona and go back to Utah. Am I running away from things in AZ? Most definitely. But we will see. I love living at home with my family, they are so fun! I spent the afternoon with Jaxon yesterday and it was really a blast. He bought me lunch! Well actually he bought me my jar of spicy pickles at the spicy pickle and he bought himself a sandwich but hey those pickles were 5 bucks! I felt like a very lucky big sister! So last Friday Jaxon and I met with a financial adviser where we talked about investments. We both decided to invest in a managed mutual fund. I have been saving for the past 9 months (I should have started earlier) and it was so nice to be able to use a portion of the money I saved to invest in the mutual fund. I know I will never regret it and it was a goal I have had for the past year that I accomplished! I am really excited to start a real job someday so I can put larger chunks of money into the fund to prepare me for my future! I am so proud of Jaxon too for investing. I love my brother; I am so excited for him to go on his mission this fall! I watched the CES fireside today that was given on Sunday and I really enjoyed it! One of my favorite quotes she gave was by Ezra Taft Benson. The quote talked about how one of the things that will surprise us most when we get to the other side is how familiar our Heavenly Father's face is to us. Also, sister Wixom talked about how it isn't really getting to know Christ and Heavenly Father while on earth, it is remembering and geting reaquanited with them because we lived with them in the pre mortal. I found that so beautiful. I want to come to know my Father and Savior, Jesus Christ just as much and even better than I did in heaven while I am on this earth. I know this is possible if I diligently seek to better my relationship with them through prayer, scripture study, and living close to the spirit. I know I can improve in all of these areas. I need to better myself each day in order to better my relationship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment