Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Sabbath!

Hey all! SO today I took some pictures of the Jerusalem Center but I can’ t post them yet, just hold on a bit longer, I am hoping tomorrow I get to go to the Hebrew university and do that. So today we had church and guess what?? I sung in the choir! I am really glad I did, even though my singing abilities aren’t super amazing. It was great to just fill 45 minutes of my morning before church singing about Christ, all while looking off into the distance at Jerusalem. I loved it. I think I will continue to do choir, only stand in the back this time, I stood in what I thought was the back and then we turned around and then I was front row ha I am sure the conductor could heart my not perfect voice cause he kept looking at me! So that will definitely change next time. So we had sacrament meeting in the room I told you about previously where we look out at Jerusalem and if was soo cool to be able to look at the place of Christ’s ministry while I renewed my covenants. It really helped to focus my thoughts on Jesus Christ. I feel so privileged to be in this place, it is so beautiful. The Jerusalem center is like a posh hotel but better. We have everything here. Seriously, its so fun to eat, sleep, study, attend church, etc all in the same place. I also am loving having the Sabbath be on Saturday. Its so nice because then you do church on Saturday and then can do whatever else the rest of the weekend. It is good. The weather is like rainy and cool right now and I really like it. I don’t think I will be too excited when it gets super hot. It is crazy for me to think about how cool it is right now and how ward it will be when we leave, Well I hope everything with all of you is well! I miss everyone in AZ and everywhere else. I realized how much I really loved my roommates being out here, they are the best girls, so inclusive and kind. I was so lucky to live with such wonderful people lsat semester. Girls, if you are reading this, know that I am thinking about you! I wish you could all be here with me, it would be the biggest party ever. I am going into the city to tour something tomorrow, I will blog again tomorrow night!! Cross your fingers for pictures!!!

2 comments:

  1. Danielle we miss you MUCHO but I'm so glad you're there & loving it. I knew you would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEKAH!! I miss you like mad!!! Everyday I think about you all. I love you girls!!! add me on g chat so we can chat sometime :) danierae5@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete