Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reflections


-Right now I am really missing the U.S
-I miss price tags and knowing exactly how something costs, I can never tell if I am being told the true cost of something, like today when I bought pretzels
-I am having a food obsession at the moment; I have spent the better half of my day looking at an online site called the Smitten Kitchen. Look it up, you won't be disappointed.
-I am calling this summer the summer of Kitchen Love. (maybe) ha basically I want Grantler and I in the kitchen, at least once a week, trying out new recipes. The top of the list- brownie mosaic cheescake with chocolate cookie crust and chocolate ganache on top. I also am having a thing for dumplings at the moment.
-I miss being completely comfortable on the street
-I miss my Chandler, AZ smells
-I miss my mom. MOMMMM where are you?? If you are reading this I would like you to text me sometime today.
-I miss my chats with my dad on the phone. I predict I will not talk to him on the phone the whole time I am here, sadness.
-I miss roommate talk.
That is all.
Now a list of that I love about being here
-The Center- it is a palace and I love it, especially the library where I am currently stationed.
-I love people who are committed to their religion
-I love the view from the center, breath taking always
-I love waking up early because everyone else is doing it so it is easy
-I love studying the Old Testament every night
-I love learning
-I love making new friends and learning about the things that are important to them and also learning from them
-I love people that study with me who are smarter than me, I learn so much from them
-I love visiting ancient sites and realizing the reality of the Bible
-I love the references to the temple in the Old Testament, it makes me so excited to go there
-I love that being in Jerusalem and learning about the things that I am learning is probably some of the best temple prep I could be doing
Hope all is well with everyone. Miss you all!! Hopefully tomorrow I will have something really exciting to report on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment