Monday, February 14, 2011

Neot Kedumin

A list of things I did today.
-Woke up super late like at 7:06 am.
-Rode the bus to our fieldtrip
-Had a field trip at Neot Kedumin. I am sure you are wondering how to pronounce that and I actually wouldn't be able to tell you. I will tell you what it is though. It is a biblical nature reserve. Basically some people wanted to recreate what nature would look like back in biblical times. They planted only plants that were from biblical times. It was a really beautiful place.
-I saw water get drawn up from a cistern, we recreated the Rebekah and Isaac story.
-We herded sheep. Yes for real. I am not really good at it but I did get into it, it was so fun. I also did something stupid. I was really excited about being up close and personal with sheep and goats that I crouched down next to the like biggest goat with the biggest rams to take a picture with him. He was not game. He rammed me in the head. YES for real. So I stood up, my pride a little wounded, and he rammed my legs! I definitely got away from him quickly. If I had been watching a girl do that I would have been like what a dummy! You obviously are not supposed to crouch down next to a huge goat with big horns! I could have died people but I was spared, thankfully.
-I got to make pita dough and then proceed to make pitas cooked on this upside down wok thing over a fire we built. We dipped the pitas in oil and Zata, a seasoning that we had ground up earlier from this certain plant. We also had date honey with it. I have to say it was absolutely delightful.
-So I forgot to mention that we ground our own Zata earlier on, we used mortars and pestals and ground up these leaf things. It was super fun. I now have a little pouch of ground Zata as a souvenir, it smells really delicious. Except I sniffed some and got it in my eye too. That was not great.
-So we also saw this Jewish guy make this ink for writing of the papers they put in their phylacteries. That was fun except I was soooo tired so I couldn't really concentrate.
-I ate too much dessert. I will tell you about it because it was amazing. They had these like hardish brownie things that I then poured hot chocolate over and made into delicious soft pudding cake things. Oh man. I loved them, I ate two. I feel like my blog is my food sin confessional.
-Made valentine hearts for lots of people
-Got valentines :)
Things I didn't do today
-Exercise- NOT GOOD
-Exercise self control- see dessert caption above
-Get ANY homework done
Things I am going to go do
-Go to the Valentines dance!
-Write my Old Testament paper
-Be in bed by 12
-Hope and pray that the last one actually happens
Well everyone I am signing off! Much love! Muahhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment