Thursday, February 17, 2011

Habebe

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been a few days, I haven't really been up to a whole ton but I will tell you of my adventures as of late! Except now that I am on my blog I can't really think about what I want to say. Hhhmmm. I went to a forum yesterday done by this guy who is a well known journalist. He is an arab palestinian with Israeli citizenship, so he has no bias. It was really interesting except I didn't take notes and I was soo tired the whole time. WAIT! I just remembered one thing! He said that the first thing that needs to happen is that the Palestinians need to stop fighting each other. There is disconnect in Palestine so they are not acting as one unit. They are not going to be able to make peace with Israel if they are, as their own separate entity, divided. I thought that was really interesting. So then today I had some free time so I took a nap and then I took another nap. But wait! What did I nap with?? Yesterday I got the best Valentines Day package ever! Guys seriously. I was soo excited that I sat down right on the office floor amongst the lovely office ladies. Lindsay, one of my good friends got Valentines packages too and Victoria got a letter so it was so fun! Grant sent me a letter, AND a card! I love letters and cards! And then there was a bag of roses and a great watch andddd my favorite thing, a photo album with a caption on the back of each. He put in a ton of pictures that he formatted to black and white. It was the sweetest thing and it totally made my day. Oh ya and the thing I napped with, the shirt that he sprayed a billion squirts of cologne on! I snuggle up to it often now. Its so great. I will be sad when the smell goes away. So today I went to Davids Citadel for my free time. It is this fortress that has guarded Jerusalem through many times past. It is really large and has some beautiful ruins. My favorite part of the ruins was a free standing arch that was still intact. It was so pretty. We couldn't stay very long because our friends needed to get back for their exam, I definitely want to go back to peruse it a little longer. So now I am going to our formal talent show, I am way excited. There are some amazingly talented people here, it will definitely be a treat. I am sorry I don't write amazing things about the sites I visit and the history that surrounds them and the such. I wish I had more to say about history, I wish I could be really informative but alas I am not. I will work on it though. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment