Sunday, February 27, 2011

More pictures


Darling Little Jewish boys, how I love thee!!

Muslim women who are always selling their vegetables in the middle of the street just inside of Damascus gate in the Old City.

View from the Ramparts walk I did at the beginning of the semester.

Me and the Old City!


Do you see the big arched palace? Ya, that is my home! This is the view from the hill right outside the Old City.
My roommate Denise and I after the Seder. Love her!
Oh hello AMAZING desserts, how I long for thee to be in my tummy!
Seriously.
These desserts were so good!! The almond cookies were my fave.

Me and my professors daughter. She taught me this amazing face and I am obsessed.
Kevin, me, and Greg at the Seder. We got to sit at the big table because we were the narrators but my part was at the end and I got skipped ha. The fish in this picture was amazing. MMM!

The kids sitting across from me at the big table eating their unleavened bread. Yay unleavened bread. Unleavened bread is used for the passover because it is all the Jews had time to make before their exodus.
Me and my lovely friend Victoria!

Seder meal setup! I put the olive leaves in the napkins, in case you were looking at them and thinking how great they looked. I would love to decorate my wedding with olive branches, seriously it looks way good I think.
Seder setup. This is our normal cafeteria but of course all moved around for the special night.

My dear friend, Synthia and I.

Via Delarosa street in the Old City. Hello pretty church top and blue skies and ecco homo arch.

Me, Victoria, and Synthia in front of the green door.

Pointing at the green door. Behind this fence is an underground tomb complex that we got to explore!

Posing in the arch outside of the tombs.

Inside the tomb complex. There were so many tombs that were all chiseled out, it was incredible and so random. I loved it.


Me playing dead.

Yay tomb! It was completely dark in here, we had to use our headlamps.
I think this was the church of Condemnation. It was really pretty.

Notice the crown of thorns that was etched into the ceiling.

Dome of the Rock. This is where the muslims believe that Muhammad ascended into heaven and more importantly this was the site of the ancient temples of Jerusalem. So Solomon's temple and Harod's. Also, the top of Mt. Moriah, where it was believed that Abraham almost sacrificed Isaac is located under this dome, that is why it is called the Dome of the Rock. It is really neat!
Entrance to the Mosque, we aren't allowed inside because we are not Muslim.

Me and Victoria and the Dome of the Rock.


It was a really great day today. I officially fell in love with Jerusalem, I love the people, the shops, the culture, everything. I will miss it when I leave but I am just going to soak it up for the time being. That means being out in the city as much as possible! I have already let 2 months pass me by, I have to live the next two to the fullest!!! I have to do homework now, I have been playing all day!! See you!!

1 comment:

  1. Danie every single one of these pictures look amazing. You look so beautiful. And I love the sunglasses!New? Jerusalem looks beautiful and it makes me happy that you are so happy.
    Loves.

    ReplyDelete