Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mt Sinai!






On our way home from Egypt we hiked Mt Sinai! A few things
-The hike took about 2.5 hours, going up and then maybe an hour going down.
-The last third of the hike was all stairs, hello burning thighs
-We started our hike at about 3 am, it was pitch black outside with only the stars and our headlamps guiding us
-I would often walk with my eyes staring at the sky, taking in the pure beauty of an unadulterated night sky
-It was a hard hike
-I loved it
-When I got to the top I felt so good, it made me want to hike all the time
-It was soooo windy at the top
-I wore a shirt, a pullover sweater, a hoodie, a zip up sport sweater, my big winter coat, leggings, pants, a head covering, a scarf, gloves, and mittens
-I was still freezing at the top. Ok, mostly just my toes and fingers were numb
-The sun rise on the top of Mt. Sinai was gorgeous
-We had a wonderful devotional on top
Now pictures!
Excuse the fact that I look really not great. I had just scaled a really tall mountain. Love me! Oh and the pictures are in chronological order, starting from the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment