Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Few Thoughts

I wanted to just share a few brief comments today on a talk I read called, "How do I love thee?" This talk was given by Elder Holland of the quorum on the apostles of The Church of Latter Day Saints. This talk was mainly about how we must have charity in our courtship and marriage relationships. There were a few points within the talk that really struck me, one of them being the Plimsoll mark. The Plimsoll mark is the idea that every boat has a maximum capacity it can hold, there is a little mark on the boat and if that mark sinks below the water you know that the boat has exceeded capacity and the load needs to be lightened. Elder Holland applied this to our relationships. We need to recognize the Plimsoll point in the people we love and in our own lives, we need to monitor the load and be willing to rearrange or lighten it if we see those we love sinking. I really like this idea because it shows that we aren't always going to be stable, our relationships and our loved ones aren't going to always be stable but if we can identify the Plimsoll mark then we can work together towards stabilizing the "boat." Anyway I thought that was a great analogy and wanted to share it with you all. Maybe I will update on Egypt today but for now I will tell you how much I love breakfast. I love it. I eat the best thing ever, everyday. Its like oats, corn flakes, apples, and other cut up fruit all soaking in some milk stuff. It is the best thing of my life. I go to bed excited for breakfast every day, without fail. Also, I eat feta cheese every morning and it is a dream. Oh feta, oh I love thee! Also, I have a new obsession; sorry SmittenKitchen but you have been ousted by snippetandink.com. It is a wedding website that has the best thing on it, inspiration boards. These are pure brilliance. The inspiration boards are like little wedding color collages with different aspects of a wedding on them all in the color scheme. Hello adorable! I really love it. Anyway school has been crazy, I took a bath last night, and it is Friday. Ever since I have been back from Egypt my life here has been flying by. 68 more days. It used to be 106. We have come a long way my friends! I still feel like I have so much more to change, to do, and to improve upon while I am here. I know how to say my name is Danielle in Arabic. Let me woo you with my skills. Ana Danielle. *applause
Keef haalek? (how are you?) *applause shukran! (thank you) *applause ok ok my Arabic is limited and I have very little desire to practice it. I should go study now. Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment