Sunday, February 13, 2011

Free Day!

Hello world! So today is Sunday which translates to free day in the Jerusalem Center world in which I live. I started the day off with a Skype session with Grantler which was great. I got a call from Synthia and she said they were going to mass at 9 o clock. It was 8 when she called and I had yet to shower, eat breakfast, or make my lunch! So I ended the call and rushed downstairs, inhaled my breakfast and jumped in the shower. I ran upstairs with wet hair pulled back when Synth said I had 5 more minutes so I ran in my room and blow dried my hair and then bolted back up the stairs. We got a taxi/van and headed to the Dormition Abbey for a German mass. It is a beautiful cathedral except there is this hanging paper mobile thing that you shine lights on that I thought was a little out of place haha but oh well. Mass was LONG and you stand up then sit down then stand up and sit down a whole lot and when they do their sacrament they all sip out of the same cup but at least the rim gets wiped off between sips, right? After mass we went to the upper room again, for those of you who may have forgotten, that is the sight of the last supper. So we went in there and sang a few hymns and it was beautiful! I really enjoyed that, the sound was superb. After that we stopped in this little gift shop ish place in the Jewish quarter where Lindsay knew the shop owner. That was fun to speak with her, her English was really good. After that we headed home! I stopped at a snack shop and got a Mirinda, it is a orange soda ish thing and I also bought some firework chocolate, its chocolate with pop rocks in it. I know you are probably in awe right now. It is as good as you would expect. Totally delish. No worries I will bring lots home for all :) I also bought a bag of el grosso chocolate chip cookies. Never again. Oh Jerusalem how I would love thee a billion times more if you provided me with a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie! Our FHE group made some a few weeks ago but back then I was being very strict on my no sugar thing. Now, not so much. Cookie making for FHE again? K thanks. Well that is my day so far. Yesterdays Sabbath was really nice. My friend taught me Lead Kindly Light on the piano! Let's just say I am an expert now. NOT. But it was still way fun and I like that I can sort of play one hymn, at least the right hand part! Something in my life that I haven't ever really struggled with is becoming a struggle for me here. I used to really happy and optimistic and I just had a zest for life. I have seen that I am becoming apathetic, tired, bleh feeling. I hate it but I am realizing that it is something I have to work for, something that I know must consciously think about. I know that if I do my part and desire to have a spirit of happiness about me and if I just fake it till I make it I will eventually become truly and completely happy. I am just really learning now how much of a choice it really is instead of just something that you are. Anyway, I am doing well, really. That is just something I am seeing in my life lately. I hope you all have a wonderful day and week. Keep reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment