Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday

First off, I apologize for my boring post titles!! Maybe I should start naming them something random because then that is better than, "Update" or "Friday." We shall see if I decide to switch to something a little more creative. Sooo Friday... Today started off interestingly, the details of which won't be shared on my blog, but I am feeling better. So we will just skip over that and go to the good stuff! Or kind of good stuff ha. I went to class form 8-noon today, that is right, 4 hours of straight class! I made it through without falling asleep although I did stare at a picture of chicken and dumplings for the better part of ancient near eastern studies, I told you I have been obsessing over online recipe blogs, right? The boy sitting next to me, who has become me, Synthias, and Victorias Old Testament study partner, but who knows for how long (we can be a little overbearing) said to me, "do you always act like this?" hhmmmm... I replied: "Yes I obsess over things alot." Haha oh my gosh. Like I said, we will see how long he remains our study buddy.. So now you are getting an idea of what people think of me as over here in Jerusalem!! ;) So after that I went to lunch and then went to the library, put my laundry in and joined everyone in our massive garage, (I didn't even know the thing existed) for our humanitarian project. The music was cranked up and everyone was busy making hygiene kits. What is cool about the kits is that the supplies are bought locally, thus helping the economy and the kits are distributed locally too, thus helping out the people who need them. So it was really great. I got there for the last hour, there were only 2 hours, we made 1700 kits about. At the end we had a giant dance party of like 3 songs. It was soo fun! I let loose and had a lot of fun. It was cool because I have been pretty reserved while I have been here so it was nice for me to let go and let people know that I am not just a stiff collared girl, it just takes me a while to warm up. So I am getting there. I am now getting ready to finish my Islam paper so that I don't have to worry about it this weekend. Hope all of you have a great day!!!

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment