Saturday, January 15, 2011

Another great Sabbath

Hello everyone! Wow! Today has been amazing. First off, I gave a talk in church, yay. The best part of my talk, for me, was being able to sit on the stand and look out at the sea of amazing people. I had this overwhelming feeling come over me. I thought about how beautiful each and every person in that room was, not because of nice facial structure or pretty clothes but because of the divine potential we all have. The spirit testified to me that we have divine potential, that we come from a Heavenly Father and that each and every one of us is amazing because of that. We are amazing because of the spirits which reside in our bodies which make us alive and full of emotion and full of the desire to do good. That was such a wonderful experience for me. Also, a musical number, a piano piece was played and I felt the spirit soo strongly. My heart was thumping so hard. It was so wonderful. I have really gained an appreciation for music here. I just listened to the choir practice today because of my throat and I really enjoyed it. I am so glad that breakfast is from 8-9 and we have to be in sabbath dress because then it makes it so easy to just go listen to the choir or participate for the hour before church starts.
After church today we went to the garden tomb, it is a beautiful place. The garden tomb is right in east Jerusalem, the city is hustling and bustling right outside of it but inside it is so peaceful and calm. You forget that a city full of thousands of people is just a stones throw away. The enclosure has beautiful gardens and nice separated seating areas for all the different groups. After we got an introduction explaining the garden tomb, after we saw Golgotha, and after we actually went inside the tomb we sat down in a secluded area as a group. In our group we sang a few hymns and some people shared their thoughts and their testimonies. It was wonderful, our first spiritual meeting (outside of church) that we have had as a group. I really enjoyed it. I am surrounded by so many amazing people here, they all make me want to be better. I know that I can learn so much from all of them. I am so thankful for my time in Jerusalem. I miss home and I miss Grant but I will be able to bless the lives of those that I love most a hundred fold more now than I would have been able to if I hadn't had these choice experiences. I love the closeness I feel to my Savior here. I love this place and I can't wait to learn more so I can go home and share what I have learned here with my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment