Sunday, January 16, 2011

Free day numero dos!



Hey all!! Today was our free day! Yay!! So I am sure you are wondering what I did for my day off, sooooo I will tell you! Today, I woke up early to talk to Grant, which was a great start to the day. After that I ate breakfast and thennn made plans to go out!! We decided to go to the YMCA tower which has these bells that you can play and our branch president is this huge musician guy, plays the organ like crazy, etc and so he is able to play the bells every Sunday for a half hour so today we got to go up there and some people who know how to play the piano in our group got to play hymns on the bells! It sounded really cool! And there was an awesome view of the city, so that was great. It was a cool instrument, like there were these bar like things sticking out that when you push it pulls down a string thing that is connected to the bells above the roof. It was sweeettt!! I got a video of it but I won't be able to post that, so sorry!!! After we were there for a little bit we walked down this street called Mamilla street. I wonder if Mamilla means posh because it was GORGEOUS. I loved it. Such a nice outdoor mall. I wanted to buy so many things because they had like Gap and North Face and all these labels I am familiar with. I was in heaven just walking in there because of the cleanliness and such. But then I felt bad because I am in Jerusalem not to be at home doing at home things but to be here experiencing Jerusalem things. I will be going back to the street though haha After we left Mamilla in west Jerusalem we went through the Old City and stopped at lots of shops along the way. That was way fun. I found some things that look sweet to buy but I am not going to for a little bit. I heard scarves in Egypt are the cheapest so when I go there I will buy some. If you have any requests for souvenirs, tell me!!! Now I am just relaxing until I do my field trip homework and then dinner and then more homework. Woot. Good thing is that I already did my Old Testament. Jerusalem is great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment