Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sabbath

Hello world!!!
Soo today has been a fabulous sabbath. I love the sabbath in Jerusalem. I learned some cool things today!! One was from the Relief Society message. It said that when Joseph Smith restored the church to the earth he also restored the relief society. There was a quote by Eliza R Snow saying that while Relief Society might be a new term the actual Relief Society is an ancient institution. I never realized that. It makes me feel like the Relief Society is more important than I had previously thought, that it is not just an added thing for the women of the church. I also like that the visiting teaching message each month is going to be a selection on the history of the relief society. I am excited to learn more!!
Each Sunday is amazing here, it is the best feeling to sit in such a beautiful place staring at Jerusalem, pondering on the teachings of Christ. I really want to focus on committing myself fully and completely to my Savior while I am here. I want to learn as much about Him as I can. Tomorrow we are leaving on a trip! I am not really allow to disclose where we are going before we go butttt I am way excited!! I will definitely report when I get back so don't worry you will get the details later! So I am signing off for a week! Hello whirl wind adventure, no internet, and total exhaustion, I can't wait!!! Keep your eyes peeled for pictures in one weeeeeek!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment