Monday, November 29, 2010

Break Continued

So I am back to business here at BYU. Time away from Grant feels like I am just going through the motions. It is not very exciting. It is all
snowy here now;
today I definitely practiced the ice shuffle as I walked to school.
Slipping on ice is a serious thing!! I always take precautions! ;)
So lets get back to Thanksgiving break.
So Monday I hung out with my parents while Grant
fulfilled his school and work responsibilities. It was really enjoyable. i just love my mama
and papa. It was fun to hear them banter
at the office, I love that my parents are in love with each other.
It makes me so happy.
Tuesday I went to lunch with my friend Mercedez, I got to hear
all about her trip to Utah to see her honey.
I loved seeing her and catching up. Wednesday, Grant and I made coconut basil curry and lavash, a yummy flat bread Grant would make in latvia.
It was DELICIOUS.
Oh my gosh.
One more thing I love about my Grantler; he loves to cook and loves to eat.
I am not talking about just burgers or spaghetti,
we cook weird exotic things like curry! We love it. It is so fun for us.
So after we made the whole house smell like curry we went country dancing.
It was a blast. I wish we lived by each other so
we could make country dancing a weekly event!!! Seriously.
Over the summer we are going to make it happen, wooot.
On Thursday we had Thanksgiving!!
We went to Grant's grandmas house and Aunt Stephanie did an
impromptu photo shoot with Grantler and I!
Oh my gosh.
The pictures ended up looking sooo cute. I am in love.
Thank you Aunt Steph!!
All I do now is just stare at out pictures. How can I not? Were pretty cute.
Just sayin.
Friday we went to the sand dunes! The drive was so quick, only 3 hours.
It was great. We got to ride in the sand rail multiple times and oh man there is nothing like it. You feel like you are flying across the desert. It is beautiful. I love it.
Andddd Grantler loved it!
He said it was better than any roller coaster he has ever been on! Yay!
Grantler also drove me around on our Commander. Its like this sand toy that is not a quad
or a dirt bike or a sand rail. It's like the SUV of sand toys.
Grant loved driving it and I loved looking over at my man looking adorable as
we sped through the desert scenery. His hair got all fluffy and he was all smiles. I was all smiles too :)
It was the perfect weekend at the dunes:)
My sister even took pictures for us in the middle of the dunes while we barrel rolled down a sand hill, jumped off hills, and just played in the sand. I felt like
a little kid, it was absolutely divine.
Thanks Jasey for being the best! Her and I decided to shove our faces in the sand and make face imprints. Well that didn't work; all we were left with was a face full of sand!
It made for a great picture though.
I am so thankful for my lovely family. They are so good to me.
I am also thankful for Grant's family and for the kindness they show me.
I felt so welcomed at their Thanksgiving celebration and I always feel welcome in Grant's home.
Saturday night Grant and I just ate dinner at the mongolian grill and watched a movie.
Sunday was church and the airport.
Grantler always walks me in the airport and then be stays with me till I go through security.
My flight was delayed so we sat on a couch in Starbucks and just chatted.
It was great. I love that boy.
That was my trip. It was my favorite trip I have taken to AZ.
Only 20 days and then I will be back! Hopefully that trip will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment