Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Icy

It is official.
I have started using the snow shuffle; for those who aren't sure
what the snow shuffle is i will
elaborate.
The snow shuffle is very very handy when the sidewalks are icy. My version
of the snow shuffle is that every time an
ice patch comes along i just scoot my feet across it, i don't pick them up
i just shuffle them across the icy surface.
i may look weird, and you may be able to hear me from
20 feet away, but my falling record is beautiful.
i don't even remember the last time i fell on ice; yep
I'm that good.
In the winter, in Utah, people drop like flies because of icy sidewalks.
Seriously.
I never go a day without seeing someone
slip on an ice patch.
it cares the bajeebers out of me!
SO i practice safe walking.
Thank you snow shuffle.
ps- i do remember one nasty fall i had my freshman year.
i was late for the bus so i was walking fast and i decided
to cut across the street by
walking down a small grassy snow covered hill.
I slid right down that hill.
The whole side of
one pant leg was soaked. i was late for school though so i just
hopped on the bus with wounded self esteem
and a very wet leg.
I was such a committed student back then!
If the same were to happen to me now
i would have turned on my heel and walked straight back home, grateful
for an
excuse
to not have to go to class.
How times have changed! ;)
ha!
I am still a good student, meaning i get great grades. I have
just learned the amount of effort necessary
to generate my desired grades, and
It is very efficient if i do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment