Friday, November 19, 2010

I Like Tortoises

I have had a long time fascination with tortoises and turtles. It started back when I was really young, around three years old I'd say. My youngest aunts lived with my grandparents still and they had turtles. I loved to go over and play with them! I even kissed one! (this did not end well for me, my tongue got bitten) I eventually got my own turtles and then tortoises. I like tortoises better than turtles because I find that turtles have more flexible necks so when you hold them they can put their heads back and snap at you. NO THANKS! Not a fan. Tortoises are way more inflexible and nice, they will even let you stroke the top of their head. I haven't had a tortoise since my last one got sprayed with insecticide, he was mistaken as a rock. Thanks pest control guy, so great. That was around my sophomore year of high school and now I am being reintroduced to the world of tortoises and I can say that I am totally smitten! My sister just got two new babies. I loveee them, they are darling. It is like a piece of my youth has been given back to me. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment