Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hey!

Hello all!
Today in the lovely college town of Provo, Utah it is FREEZING! I mean sun out, wind blowing, face numbing freezing! I always feel like its colder when the sun is out because then there isn't cloud cover to insulate me! I must admit that I absolutely loveee the beautiful mountains. It is so heavenly to be walking across campus and look up to see the snow dusted mountains right at my finger tips. They are so clear and gorgeous today. One great thing about the cold- we get to use our fireplace! It is so awesome! I loveee it! Definitely the highlight of my winters!!
So here is a quick rundown of my life as of late!
-Today I participated in a study at the business school, it was a food consumption study. I got to eat a cup of peanuts and answer some survey questions! The best part was at the end I got five dollars! I didn't even know I would be compensated! Talk about awesome! What did I do with my five dollars?? I booked it to the nearest building with a vending machine and bought myself a water! I was so thirsty! And to my delight the vending machine spit out my change in gold coins, with the lady on the back! I can't spell her name so we will just go with gold coins ha :)
-I leave for Arizona in t minus 49 hours. YAYYYYY. I am really excited. I can't wait to spend 10 whole days with Grantler!!! We are going to go hiking, country dancing (maybe, pray that Grant won't back down!), have Thanksgiving, go to the dunes, and just enjoy life together. I am thinking it will be pretty blissful, maybe even perfect.
-I am excited to see if they use the full body scanners at the airport that everybody has been chattering about. hhmmm I will definitely let you know.
-I love fall in Utah. Falling leaves=lovely
-Falling leaves makes me think of yesterday when I was walking across campus and I happened to see the most delightful thing! (and ok maybe a little odd too) This boy jumped onto this tree trunk, hugged it, and proceeded to monkey climb it in like 15 seconds. Once he got like halfway up the tree he reached out and shook a branch with lots of leaves on it. The leaves then shimmered free, down onto the girl standing below with her arms outstretched. I am pretty sure he did it just for her. It was rather cute and illegal too! But cute.
-I did bad on my epidemiology take home test. I knew I would do bad. It was my worst grade since like one year ago. Sort of hard to take. But oh well. I can rebound.
-I am preparing for my departure to Israel. Less than 2 months. WoW. I really don't know how to feel. I am excited but I don't think the full excitement has hit me yet, I think that'll happen once I am at the airport. This trip will be amazing.
-The semester is ending and that means my time with my roommates is almost over. It is definitely bitter sweet. I love those girls and am sad that they will be moved on with their lives when I get back up to the Y. But I am so excited for them.
- I reallyyy need to find someone to buy my contract at my house. Holy moly I try not to stress about this too much but it definitely weighs on my mind.
-I am realizing how amazing my parents really are. They are the best examples to me. I love them.
-I am trying to really develop the gift of faith. We had a great lesson on Sunday and I read some really awesome quotes about faith in the Bible Dictionary. Love that resource, its amazing. Trusting in Heavenly Father and His plan will bring me peace. I know this.
Anywayyy sorry my posts are always so long! Have a great week! I hope your Thanksgiving is as good as mine will be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment