Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hey all, just an update from Jerusalem!
I don't have that much time right this minute to write a bunch
about what I have done the last week but
I will give you a quick overview of my
activities.
-Monday we went to the herodian which is Herod's winter palace.
It was absolutely incredible. He had this huge pool
built that was 9 feet deep that had a
big island in the middle.
You could still see in some parts of the pool
the little tiles that once covered the whole
bottom, pretty awesome.
After the Herodian we went to Bethlehem which was really
great. I will write more about that later.
After doing various activities in Bethlehem we
had an evening program in Shepherd's field, where tradition
holds that the shepherds who saw the star announcing
Jesus' birth were.
Our teacher gave us a quick thought and then there was baring of testimonies.
I love hearing other peoples testimonies, especially when I am in Israel where Jesus spent his life.
-I took 2 midterms yesterday and then went on a field trip at 10 pm. Say what?
Yes, it is true, I didn't get home until midnight. I was up at 5 am yesterday so it was a long day.
And yes, my body did feel like a brick this morning.
I seriously doubted my ability to drag
myself out of bed.
But I did.
-The field trip was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment