Friday, March 18, 2011

Why Yes, I am in Galilee

Greetings from the shore of Galilee!!
Oh it is beautiful here!!
Here is just a snippet of the places I have visited
-Beth She'an- capital of the Decapolis, multitudes of people
came from the Decapolis to see Christ and listen to Him. Many of them
probably came from Beth She'an and there is a possibility that
Christ even visited there.
-Nazareth= great
We went to the church of the Annunciation which
is built over the ruins of the ancient town
of Nazareth where Mary
was visited by the angel and told
that she would bear the son of God
-Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee
We sang Master the Tempest is Raging, it was so wonderful.
Also, if the wind blows from the east onto the lake
then the waves can easily get to 7 feet and
being on a boat in the lake
is treacherous, thus giving validity to
the storms that the apostles witnessed
in the New Testament
-Capernaum
We saw the synagogue where Christ would have taught there!
Ok not THE synagogue because THE synagogue is built under the
synagogue which was built in teh 3rd or 4th century but I
did see the excavations of the 1st century synagogue from Christ's day.
-Mt of Beatitudes
-Gamla- a place that my teacher
believes to be the city set upon a hill
that Jesus talks about.
It is easily visible from the mt of Beatitudes and it is definitely on a hill.
In Gamla there is a 1st century synagogue that is still in tact and there, it hasn't been built on.
That means, if Jesus taught there, which because it was a Jewish town
and in the Galilee, he probably did, then He would have sat on the
Synagogue steps.
Amazing.
-Swam in the Sea of Galilee
-Saw a boat that was from Christs time that
was found at the bottom of the lake
etc etc etc
Here are a few pictures to show you the beauty of Galilee.
Oh Galilee, I am in love with you.
Although I really miss the boy I am in love with in real life.
He is my favorite.
I love my Grantler!
Yesterday I went on a wonderfully gorgeous hike to a waterfall and I kept thinking how much
fun Grant would have had on the hike with me.
It was so great, I wish he had been there
to take in the beauty of Galilee with me!
ps
I tried uploading pictures
for your viewing pleasure but it didn't work!
Sad!
All I can say is
if you are coming to Israel come to Galilee
for half and then do whatever else.
Don't take just a few days here, you will regret it!
It has been my favorite thing.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! I would love to go there. You are one lucky girl! those memories will last forever!

    ReplyDelete