Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update

Hello all!

Just a snippet of the last few days.

-Went swimming in this awesome lazy river watering hole thing that is fed by natural springs.

-Got my feet and legs nibbled on by little fishies in the aforementioned watering hole, seriously so funny.

- Went to Tel Dan where Jeroboam, in the Bible, built a high place with golden calf for the people to worship so they wouldn’t go to Jerusalem to the temple. They found the horn of the altar there and unearthed the alatar and the high place, it was soo cool! We talked about how the problem wasn’t that the people had turned form worshipping God but rather they were doing false idol worship mixed with Jehovah worship. This can be compared to our lives where we serve God and other things. The goal is to just serve God and let him take precedence in our lives always. Tel Dan also had the most beautiful landscape, it was gorgeous. A tributary that leads to the Jordan ran through it, the water comes straight from Mt Hermon and springs out of the rocks into the tributarym, simply stunning.

-Went to Caesarea Phillippi and hiked to a spectacular waterfall.

-Played in a CASTLE! Oh man! We went to Nimrods Castle and explored for quite a while! It was sooo great! There were large portions that were still completely intact, it was so cool to see the arched window ways that had thin openings to shoot arrows out of. Also, there was a huge tower that we hiked to the top of and had a spectacular view of the valley below.

-Went to Hazor, the biggest Israelite city in ancient times.

-Saw the Med Sea and collected a whole bunch of shells!

-Went to Sephhoris

-Had a bonfire where we sang Hymns all by the fire together. I love that a bunch of young adults spend their night singing hymns and roasting mallows. I loved it.

-We did a few other things that I don’t remember right now but it was a really great day and has been a great last few days.

We haven’t been doing New Testament class the last few days and I really miss reading my New Testament assignments! I heard my ancient near eastern teacher on the bus today tell someone that the best way to remember the things they learn here and to have that special portion of the spirit we feel here is to incorporate daily New Testament study into our normal Book of Mormon study. I want to do this! Reading the gospels has been such a blessing and so interesting; I have learned so much! I want to become a master of the gospels and I know I can do that through studying it. So that is a goal I have for when I come home, to keep studying the New Testament. It was a rainy foggy day today and I really enjoyed that! I feel like on super sunny, warm days I get tired way easier than when it is a bit chillier out. The sun is draining! Well I only have two more nights left in Galilee, I can’t wait to get back to Jerusalem and upload tons of pictures on here!! Just one more week then I will have them up! I hope everyone is doing well. I leave Galilee tomorrow, I am ready but sad. Tonight's sunset was amazing. I will always remember Galilee and the things I learned here.

No comments:

Post a Comment