Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another Amazing Sabbath

Sabbath in Jerusalem= amazing!
Today I am in the mood to write my thoughts in bullet points so that I will do.
-Today I went to the Garden Tomb where me and the
group I was with sung hymns for a good hour.
We sat in this little grotto, sitting area, and began to sing. Not long into
our singing did people appear to watch us and listen to us; not only did
they watch but they sang with us as well. A few
of them sat down and we shared
our hymnals with them and they participated. One man who had been
listening touched his heart and mouthed thank you as he left the grotto.
I know that while I am in Jerusalem I will not be able
to share my testimony by verbally proclaiming what I believe
through conversation but
I sure can share my
testimony through singing and
more importantly through the spirit which comes
from singing. I know that the people
there could feel the spirit, something different, that is
why they stood to listen to our
message.
I am so thankful for song and for its universal nature.
-At church it was mentioned that one time when Elder Holland came to the Jerusalem center
he said that if we don't leave here changed people
then shame on us. My friend
came up to me while we were walking to the Garden Tomb and
was expressing her concern for
not feeling like she was completely changed or that
she hadn't done enough while she was here.
I then told her I don't think it is this
huge change that is going to be wrought inside
of us, like we are going to become totally different, more amazing, perfect people but rather;
I feel like it is our desires that are changing and our
striving to be better. For example, I used to not
be so keen on fasting, I would do the minimal. Now at the Jerusalem
center I fast for the entire set aside time, and I
don't think about my rumbling stomach
or when dinner will happen. I focus on the purpose of my fast and because
of this my fasts
have become so much more meaningful. Now, because of Jerusalem, I
have a desire to always fast with full
purpose of heart. Another example for me personally is the desire
to keep the sabbath day completely holy.
I am in a temple prep class and today we learned how keeping the sabbath day
holy is a requirement for the temple, it is so important.
I have seen the blessings in my life while being at the Jerusalem center
of how strict sabbath day observance creates a beautiful setting to learn
and feel the spirit and it really rejuvenates your
body and spirit.
These are just a few of the areas in which I have changed or rather created a greater desire to be better in. They are not monumental things
but rather just little things that
will make my life more fulfilling and bring me closer to my Heavenly Father.
I am learning so many great things here! I wish I could tell you all EVERTHING! But I can't.
I am gaining so many great insights because
I am getting the opportunity to study
the land and history of the ancient scriptures. Like tonight, I read a 50
page article concerning Lehi and where he would
have lived in Jerusalem, where his land of inheritance was located, his profession and why we know that, etc. It was amazing to read about how my professor had
taken cues from the scriptures and combined it with his ancient near eastern knowledge
to come to the conclusions in the book. It was fascinating.
I love Israel.
-Today I got an email from BYU with the best news ever, I get to register for classes
on March 29th! OH MY GOSH!!
I am sooo excited!
Ok, this may sound a little obsessive and heck it totally is but I love it; I
went onto mymap for BYU where we plan our schedules
and I used the class selections for this winter semester
and I already planned out my fall semester, I wonder if the
times will stay the same?
So I planned it out anddddd I even
went onto ratemyprofessors.com to see
how good the teachers were.
So ya.
I am totally ready.
If it turns out how I want it to it will be a ROCKIN semester.
Really busy, but great.
-Guess what?
-Only 46 more days of my long distance relationship, then it is over.
-OVER-
=NO MORE LONG DISTANCE
Can you tell how excited I am?
Cause I am.
It is going to be the most amazing summer of my life, I have high
hopes.
-I plan on baking every week, like legit.
-Grantler and I will have once a week cooking dates, like legit.
-Mom and I are going to have once a week mom/daughter dates
-Working out with Grantler
-Going to bed early because I
know my time with my love won't be limited
-Work
-Persuasive writing class so I can be done by December
Guys, I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment