Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tonight I went into West Jerusalem for my first night out on the town!!
It was soo great!!
First, before it got too dark we went into the Old City
and were going to go to the Armenian church to talk
to the archbishop which one of my friends knows but he wasn't around so
then we stopped in this pottery shop and talked
to the shop owner for quite a while, it was so great.
He has been throwing pottery and painting it
for 35 years and probably longer but it has been
35 years
since he has been in business;
him and his wife work together and their work is amazing.
It was so fun to just chat with him about his life and family.
He invited us back and said that he would love to give us a tour of the convent some time;
we are going to definitely take him up on that!
So after we left him we went to the mamilla, which is
this beautiful outdoor mall, super hip and modern.
We walked around there for a bit
and met up with our Jewish friend we met at synagogue a while back.
We went to eat at Burgers Bar which
is this delicious burger joint!
My friend Sara and I shared a chicken salad and a burger, both were divine!
They have like a hundred
different sauces there!
Ok like 10 but still!
There was pesto, garlic mayo, a chipotle sauce, a fry sauce pink sauce, etc, etc.
I LOVED IT.
It was my first time at a legit Jerusalem restaurant.
Yummo.
After we went to this hole in the wall waffle bar, it was soo good.
I got a waffle with fresh whipped cream on top.
I am going to go back.
Everyday.
Every meal.
Forever.
I wish.
If only my caloric intake could be unlimited and my supply of money
could be too!
It was fun to go out in the city with people
I don't normally hang out with and I definitely want to
do it again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment