Friday, March 11, 2011

Hello my trusty followers!!
Today has been great!!
I went to four hours of class where I learned some awesome things about the New Testament and also learned some great things about Israel.
In ancient near eastern stuidies we talked about Sennacheribs attack on
Judah and how God saved the city of Jerusalem but the rest of Judah was deported and destroyed.
We talked about how if Jerusalem hadn't been saved then
there would be no Lehi or Book of Mormon, everything would
have been thrown off but Heavenly Father
spared Jerusalem so that
our history would be how it is today.
We also talked about how the scattered tribes which resulted from this
attack by Sennacherib are our ancestors.
There were over 200,000 people attacked, destroyed,
and deported in the land of Judah.
It is so cool to me to be able to read these events in the Old
Testament,
study the events in their historical context and then
actually understand them fully instead of just remembering
them as a random thing I read about.
If there is anything I am
learning while here it is that
just reading the scriptures doesn't cut it. We must
be engaging in them, looking at maps, and trying to understand
the history behind them to gain
a complete knowledge of them.
I am no master at this but being here
has definitely given me the desire to be better and I think that is what counts.
PS- I have to say that I love Grant.
He is so good to me and supportive of me, I miss him like crazy.
40 more days!!
Oh and he is a super student and I am so proud of him; can I just
say that I most certainly have never gotten a 106%
on a math test before but he most certainly has :)
Tammy, will you please give him a hug for me?
Thanks!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment