Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Great Day

Bullet points -Today started with New Testament, how could I not love it? -I ate falafel for lunch at the center; falafel days are my favorite -I realized how I am a slight germ freak. We were in the Old City and a bunch of the girls I was with stopped to buy gummies from the street side vendors. I saw a few flies walking on the gummies and I just couldn't do it. I can't eat food from shops where stuff is sitting out for the bugs to crawl on and where people give it to you with bare hands!! Maybe someday I will be able to but I only have 3 weeks left here and I just don't see it changing any time soon. -I bought souvenirs for mom and sisters!! It was really fun!! I love buying stuff!! -I am soaking up the city. I went to a church today, The Church of Mary Magdalene and while there I realized how every church here smells the same, this is due to the fact that they have incense and candles in every church. I will forever have that smell engrained in my memory. -I have 3 weeks from today left in the Holy City. I have mixed feelings but mostly postitive. I am so excited to find out what the next chapter of my life holds, it seems so unclear because being in Jerusalem I can't really control much but I know that whatever happens will be the Lord's will and it will be the best thing for me. I am sad to leave this Holy City. Jerusalem brings so many people together and it truly is a wonderful place. I love it. I stayed out today from 4 pm until 9. I loved it. Only a few more days like this!! -We went to West Jerusalem tonight for dinner on Emek Refaim street, this super nice fun Israeli street. I ate a delicious salad with peanut sauce marinated chicken; hello divine!! After I got some plain vanilla fro yo with dried cranberries, dried coconut, strawberries, and walnuts. I can't wait for fro yo with Grantler this summer!! Hello Kokomo!!! -All the Jewish mothers have really modern strollers. Maybe I am just way behind the times but I am in love with all these mod, minimalistic strollers. I can't wait to have one of my own haha someday... -There is this festival of foods in Jerusalem right now; it consists of tons of booths with fun foods to try and buy. I loved it. -Life is good. -Almost forgot. Our van ride home was the best thing ever. The driver put loud American music on and we danced in the van with the special blue lights that are in his van shining down on us. It was soo fun. I loved it. We were all going crazy, all 13 of us in our ghetto Jeru van. Loved it. I almost told the driver to do another lap around the city because we were having such a blast. I resisted though. -Can't wait for summer sing alongs in the car with my sissies; best thing is that Jasey will have her permit and guess who is over 18? ME. That means she gets to drive me around, woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment