Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Fabulous Sabbath

Today was a really fulfilling day of church! I felt like my heart was full of love for the gospel and for my Savior. We had our last fast and testimony meeting in Jerusalem today, something I will greatly miss. I love hearing the testimonies of the strong people here in this ward and program. I love hearing testimonies. Two things that I have really gained a testimony about while being here is the power of others testimonies and the power of music; something a fast and testimony meeting employs!! I love how music brings the sprit and how after we sing hymns and open our hearts to the spirit we are able to be even more touched by the words that we hear spoken by people at the pulpit. I got to bear my testimony here in Jerusalem for the second time during sacrament meeting. The first time I had given a talk and added my testimony at the end and today was for testimony meeting. It made me sad to realize that that was my last opportunity to do so in our sacrament meeting but I know that I will have more testimony bearing opportunities here in Jerusalem before I leave. Temple prep was wonderful and relief society was amazing. In relief society we discussed God’s love for us; the tears were flowing during the whole meeting and my heart was touched. I know that our Heavenly Father loves me and loves the entire human population. Tonight I watched the first general conference and was very grateful for the words of the prophets. I remember when I was younger and didn’t completely appreciate conference or care to watch all the talks but now I can’t wait to hear the words of the prophets, I love to be fed by them in their wisdom. I know that prophets won’t lead us astray. While the majority of my day was amazing one thing was said tonight and I immediately felt sad, my heart became anxious and I allowed the peace I had been feeling all day to leave me. I have to focus on not letting anxiety seize my heart; I must always trust in the Lord. When worries or anxiety press upon me I have to immediately turn to my Father and pray for those feelings to go away. Anyway I hope you are all having an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment