Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sabbath

It was such a fulfilling sabbath today, I always love my Jerusalem sabbaths. Today was district conference. The theme of the main meeting was gratitude. I was so thankful for this theme, I have so much to be grateful for. Our speakers talked about being thankful for our trials and I think I have come to a spot where I can say that I am thankful for the trials I have had while in Jerusalem; they are bringing me closer to my Savior and they are helping me mold to His will. I am so thankful for the perspective and the peace that I have been able to have through my trials. I know that I have grown while being in Jerusalem simply because of the way I have handled the things that have happened to me while I have been here. I feel so happy and good, I know that the gospel is true and that my Heavenly Father loves me and is aware of me. Our relief society meeting was on motherhood and even though I am not a mother yet we talked about how being a mother is the very essence of women. The speakers gave me some great ideas and great perspective that I hope I can remember when I have children. We talked about how we should make our houses places of love, where our children want to be. That is my goal; I want to create a home where love abides, where my children feel their Savior and can hear the spirit, where they feel safe from the world. I know this will be a challenge but I also know how beneficial it will be to my children to establish a place for them where they can always feel the love of their parents and Savior. I missed partaking of the sacrament today (because it was district conference) and I am really excited to be able to partake of the sacrament next week for my last sabbath in Jerusalem. Oh ya, next Sunday I get to do the palm Sunday walk where everyone has palm fronds and walks down the mount of olives to where Jesus walked in the Old City. I am really excited. Then we study the last week of Jesus' life then I go home and its Easter. I have a feeling this will be the best Easter of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment