Monday, April 18, 2011

Wow! That has been the beginning of every journal entry in my paper journal for the past few days haha. I am so tired, happy, full of love, grateful, excited, etc. Today we had an all day field trip. We took a bus to Bethany, then to Bethphage, went to Dominus Flevit, then we walked down the Mount of Olives to the Orson Hyde Garden, walked up the Kidron Valley, went to the Dormition Abbey, went to the Upper Room, then ended at St Peter Gallicantu. I will explain all of these at a later day because tonight we are having an upper room experience here at the center but let me just say our path today was the path of Christ as he headed into the last week of his life. It was really awesome to visit all these sites. One of my favorite which I want to talk about right now was Dominus Flevit which commemorates Christ weeping over the temple. The church has the best view of the temple mount, I could totally imagine Christ as he stood there and stared out at Jerusalem and the temple, realizing that this place he loved would be destroyed and brought down. He must have been filled with much sadness. It was really neat to stand there and think about what he must have been feeling and thinking. I am excited for tonight, I think we will have a really special experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment