Monday, March 28, 2011

Long Time No Write

So it is a warm day here in Jerusalem
and I am feeling sort of sleepy and lethargic
so you all get a bullet point post.
I know those are a favorite!
-Yesterday I spent the WHOLE
DAY at the Red Sea.
(minus the 8 hour round trip bus ride)
-I snorkeled for a little over 2 hours.
-I got the best snorkeler of the JC award.
-Ok not legitimately but everyone was pretty impressed with
my deep down diving skills. I was impressed too.
Who knew I could go so deep? And hold my breath so long.
I definitely didn't.
-I saw a lot of giant clams, parrot fish, lion fish, dorie fish, long snouted pencil looking fish,
sea cucumbers, coral, cute fish living in coral, sea urchins,
huge anemones with fish living in them, etc.
-Can I just tell you how much I love
the ocean and the sea life living there.
I love it.
I love it.
Many of you may not know that a long time ago
I wanted to be a marine biologist.
I attended SeaCamp for 2 summers in high school.
I am scuba certified.
I love the ocean!!
Thankfully I will be in Hawaii this summer so
I am hoping to get some good snorkeling and scuba diving in; cross your fingers for me.
No more bullet points.
So we were in Eilat which is the border town before you hit Egypt and in Eilat the sun rays
are really strong which we didn't realize
because we had spent 10 days
in the Galilee where the sun rays aren't strong.
Needless to say there was lots of aloe being passed around on the bus
last night. I will always remember my sweet roommate Em walking the bus aisles with her small bottle of aloe asking if people needed some.
It was really sweet of her and greatly appreciated.
I love my roommates here, and everyone else too.
So I only have a few weeks left in the holy land and I am living it up, I have so many
more things to learn and see!
I can honestly say that this last semester has been my
the hardest yet
rewarding semester.
I know that I will always be grateful for the experiences
I have had here and for the knowledge that I have gained.
Needless to say I am excited to use
the knowledge I have gained to teach others and benefit my family.
I can't wait for what life holds next!!!
:)
Oh ya today I went to the southern temple mount excavations.
I sat on the steps which led to the ancient temple mount, steps Jesus probably walked on.
It was soo cool.
I also sat in a Mikveh which is ritual purification bath
that Mary or Jesus may have bathed in before
going up to the temple.
There is an array of
Mikvehs around the temple mount
so they could have used any of them.
I saw the ruins of ancient palatial mansions that were in the Jewish
quarter that probably belonged
to a Sadducceean person.
I also saw what is called the burnt house
which is the ruins of a house that
was burnt when the Romans destroyed the temple in 70 AD.
It was a fun fieldtrip but I was happy to get back to the JC because
I am so tired! Now I need to study for my New Testament midterm.
YAYYYYY school!!



No comments:

Post a Comment