Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't forget about me while I am away!!

Hey all!
So today was a great free day!
I started it off with skyping with Grant which was
absolutely the best!!
It was the highlight of my day, I love him.
After skyping I worked out a bit and then ate breakfast.
After breakfast I went to my room and showered and then took a nap, it was
absolutely wonderful.
After my nap I rushed to finish my homework (which still
needs to get done...) and get ready so that I could go out in the city
at one!
We went to the roman plaza which is
this plaza that dates back
to Jesus' time, it was discovered under
the modern Damascus gate so
it is the old Damascus gate that would
have been used in the time of Christ.
After that we went to the Ecco Homo which
is where it is believed
that Christ was put
on trial before Pilate. There were different portions of the
Ecco Homo but one
of them was this huge cistern, it was so large.
I can't explain it properly but the whole complex
was discovered
by a man
who
was building a school. Another portion of the Ecco Homo was the
street plaza of Herodian Jerusalem, the time of Jesus.
It is all underground because
the city has just been gettting
build
on top of
itself over and over again throughout the years.
I wish I could post pictures but I can't, you will just
have to wait for a giant
cumulative picture post when I get back from Galilee.
So after that we navigated our way to the other end
of the city to go to the Armenian church, which we
didn't get to on time
but I was still thankful for the
navigating experience.
Normally I am in a group of people
who are
really good at finding their way around the city
so I just follow them but today I got to
take out the map and direct us to our destination (we did ask a shop keeper for one direction but
hey, that is ok).
After not getting into the church
we went to Christian Quarter Street which
is great for shopping and I
got much needed souvenirs!
I haven't gone
on a big shopping spree at all
so today was the day.
I brought a limited amount of cash, which was still a lot
but I got the things I set out to get
so that was great!
After this we went to the Jewish quarter and saw the pinnacle
of the temple mount where
Jesus would have stood
when Satan tempted him and then we walked home.
We were out for about 4.5 hours.
It was a great day!!
Tomorrow I leave for Galilee so I won't be online
for over a week.
When I get home I will do an exciting post on Galilee, with pictures, I promise!!
Miss you all, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment