Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas

So today I caught myself, multiple times, humming
to Christmas music and you know what,
I loved it!
I used to not be the type that
was into Christmas music. I never intentionally
switched my radio
to a Christmas station and
I never sang loudly to the tunes, but now I DO!
I chalk all of this up to Grantler.
When I was at home he always put the Christmas station
on when we were in the car
and, he sang along!
I loved it.
(well except for when a song would come on
and he would tease me for not knowing it, give me a break;
I am new at this embracing Christmas music thing!)
I am really getting into the holiday spirit.
Today, I read the December Ensign and I really enjoyed the
articles that were written.
There was a section that talked about the members of the seventy's Christmas
traditions. I was impressed with several
of the men who said that Christmas can last all year
when we remember Christ and are always striving to be obedient to him.
I loved that.
Another member said that we can have Christmas every week as we partake of the sacrament.
We are able to renew our covenants every week.
Part of the sacrament prayer is that we will "always remember him."
Everyday we can celebrate Christ's
life by remembering Him and
striving to be like Him.
There was one other part of the Ensign that struck me.
It was about remembering Easter when we celebrate Christmas; if Easter had not happened there would be no Christmas. If Christ hadn't atoned for mankind, died for them, and then be resurrected, His birth would have been
just that of another child. It is because
He took upon the sins, heartaches, and shortcomings of the world
that we celebrate His birth.
I love my Savior and I am so grateful for Him. I
hope that this Christmas I can focus on Him, and His life.
I hope that I can be like Him in all that I do and that
I will always celebrate His birth, because of the gift of eternal life,
which He has made
possible for me to someday attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment